Friday, August 19, 2005

The Simple Life

I like order in my life. I really don't care for surprises. I want to know what to expect each and every day. I am a creature of habit. With that said, here's a sampling into my simple life:

1. I wake up every morning at 5:50 am. Mostly by choice, but sometimes because Domino, our "miniature" dalmatian is ready to eat breakfast.

2. My idea of working out is 50 - 60 minutes on an eliptical machine.

3. I always have either a protein shake or oatmeal for breakfast.

4. I eat almost every lunch (Monday - Friday) with my boyfriends -- as Shawna likes to call them.

5. Tuesday is DQ day. For at least 2 years, we eat at the DQ on I-20 and Ambler. They know us by name and give us randomly large discounts. Their new chile lime chicken strips rock. I am a member of the Blizzard Fan Club.

6. 9:00 pm on Wednesdays used to be 42 night. That lasted for about 4 years. The last 2+ years have been poker night. We took the summer off and I miss it.

7. I read all my friends BLOGs as soon as I turn on my computer in the morning.

These are just a few of the routines in my life. So, you may ask yourself, what prompted me to share that with you. Well, last night, we had our yearly home run hitting contest at Zeta Wells field (ACU's Softball Field). There's just no better feeling than watching the ball sail over the left field fence and dissappear into the darkness on the other side or hearing it crash into the scoreboard with a loud clank! It's just one of those times when I feel like a kid again.

One things for sure about last night. I don't think anyone who witnessed our performance will ask us to submit to random drug testing for steroids!

Simple but fun....just the way I like it.

5 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger GSub said...

I miss poker a lot as well, I don't know why we ever stopped playing. As for routine and order there may not be anyone that can come close to competing with you. What about when you travel out of town on business, stopping at all the same stores and restaurants? I think we do the exact same thing everytime we travel.

I agree that there is nothing better than DQ Tuesdays, it is kind of like "The Max" was to the kids on Saved By The Bell.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Corey said...

Garrett's right. You do travel the same way. Did you go to Z Gallerie and Bed, Bath and Beyond in Vegas?

I really miss poker. Not necessarily the game, but the knowledge that on Wednesday night, no matter what, we were getting together to laugh and do something. That needs to happen again soon.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Craig said...

I remember the homerun hitting contests that you and I and Lindsey, Doggett, Sid and others would partake in. I have some ridiculous pictures as well. i would love to come to Abilene to play poker with you guys some time.

 
At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Kids are really gonna be a shock to your system some day. They make a mockery of routine.

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did your parents raise you to play poker on Wednesday nights? Just wondering!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home