Sunday, May 22, 2005

Don't Miss the Cheerios of Life!

Most mornings, I fix myself a bowl of cereal and take it to the study to read the latest happenings on espn.com, look to see if there are any new posts by fellow bloggers I need to read and see what the weather will be like for that afternoon.

As I make my cereal, I almost always fill it to the top with cheerios. Once I add the milk, the cheerios begin spilling over the top. As I carry the bowl to the study, Domino (my over-weight, always hungry "miniature" Dalmatian) is right on my heels. She knows she'll get to drink the last bit of milk out of the bowl once I am finished.

So, where am I going with this? Domino almost always misses the individual cheerios that fall to the floor as I walk to the study because she is so focused on the bowl of milk that I will put on the ground in a few minutes. This morning, I realized that sometimes this is how I live my life. I tend to only focus on the end result (maybe that result is as simple as the end of the work day or my final score after a round of golf) all the while, I'm missing the little things that life keeps dropping at my feet.

So, don't stay so focused on the bowl of milk that you miss the cheerios of life that are scattered all along the way. Have a great week!

Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home