Wednesday, May 18, 2005

What is Your Excellent Adventure?

In 1989, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure hit the movie screens telling the story of two high school flunkies who have to make an A on their history exam or they will fail out of school. They end up meeting Rufus, who is able to take them back in time to experience history first-hand while bringing some of the characters back to the present to be their spokespersons.

For the last two days, the Alumni Office spent time in a retreat planning for the upcoming year. During our breaks, I would throw out random questions for the group to answer. One of my favorite questions was:

If you could travel back in time to experience one day in biblical times, which day would you travel to?

For me, I would want to travel back to the day Jesus was crucified. I feel like seeing that first-hand would have such a profound impact in my life, I could not help but have an even closer and stronger relationship with my Lord.

What would your day be?

3 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Corey said...

I would like to travel back to that one day that is described in Acts 2 and witness the Holy Spirit bursting on to the scene at Pentecost. It would be so amazing to see people speaking in tongues (and understand what that meant), to hear Peter's speech and to see 3,000 people confess their belief in Christ. I can only imagine what that day was like. No wonder so many people were martyred. After seeing that, you wouldn't care what happened to you, you wouldn't renounce Christ...

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Craig said...

The first thing that came to my mind was feeding the 5,000. To see that miracle I think would have been a huge impact

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger stuckinthe80s said...

Give me the seventh day of walking around the city of Jericho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home