Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I Am My Father's Son!

Have you ever had the feeling strike you when you realize, "Oh my gosh, I am my father/mother!"?

Mine happened last week. It was a gorgeous spring Tuesday morning and I was preparing to leave the house for work. I had rolled the trash can out to the curb and was walking back to my car when I saw a weed in the front yard. Well, being the perfectionist I am, I immediately walked over to that weed and yanked it out of the ground. Before I could make it to the garage, I spotted another one. So, I plucked it from the earth. Then, I saw another, and another, and another, and another........

Before long, I had a pile of pulled weeds in my front yard, my hands were caked with dirt and grass stains, I was 30 minutes late for work and I was having flashbacks to my own father doing the same thing.

I guess we are all like our parents in some way. I just hope I can be like my dad in many more ways than just having a green thumb! If so, I will be a very blessed man.

1 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Corey said...

Man...if you enjoy that, please make a trip to my yard this Saturday. I think we could keep you busy all day. Time to call ChemLawn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home