Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A Hard Day's Work

Monday of this week was one of those days where it can be really tough being an alumni outreach officer for ACU. As part of my duties, I am responsible for maintaining relationships with Christian Schools in my territory. So, I was "forced" to play in a 4-person golf scramble at Hollytree Golf Course in Tyler benefitting East Texas Christian Schools.

I went with three of my best friends, Corey Patterson, Kevin Campbell and Garrett Sublette. To say we had fun would be an understatement. For the tournament, we shot 6-under 66. Afterwards, ETCA gave away several door prizes and Corey won a ball retriever...very appropriate.

After the tournament was over, we all headed to Arlington to catch the Texas Rangers play the Detroit Tigers. Because this year will be the second year ACU has put on an alumni event at the ballpark, I had received four free tickets to the game. So, we each paid $2.50 to park and spent a great evening in left field (next to Hank's Homies) betting on what each hitter would do in each at bat. We even bet on what the temperature was at the game, what the attendance was in the ballpark and on the dot race in the bottom of the sixth inning....sorry Chuck Morgan!

During the drive from Tyler to Arlington and Arlington to Abilene, we played sports trivia where I would give Corey, Kevin and Garrett the opportunity to name 6 out of the top 10 in AL ERA, NL ERA, AL Batting Average and NL Batting Average. We also played a little Dallas Mavericks - Houston Rockets opening round playoff trivia too. The three of them had opportunities to win money and prizes from me if they did well. When they did do well (I was down almost $20 to each of them) I reverted to a little Class 4A softball trivia. Needless to say, we ended up even-steven.

All-in-all, it was a great day. At times, work can be dull and tiresome. But days like Monday can make it all worth while. To Corey, Kevin and Garrett -- thanks for making Monday a great day.

And oh yeah, what's said in the car, stays in the car!

1 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Craig said...

I can only imagine what was said in that car.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home