Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Time to turn this mother out......

Isn't that what all DJ's say before they start playing their music? I need your help! I am responsible for putting together a few cd's of music that can be played during the women's basketball games at ACU this year. Last year, we had several complaints (rightfully so!) on some of the music that was being played. So, I'm doing something about it. The only problem is that there could not be a more ill-equipped person to find and burn music than yours truly. I mean, I don't think George Strait and Air Supply songs will really get the crowd fired up!

Please list for me some songs that are upbeat and fun (yet clean!) that I can burn. Please list both the song and the artist. It does not matter what genre the music comes from just so long as it's good. Here's a few examples I have so far:

Foreigner - Hot Blooded
Eagles - Heartache Tonight and Start me Up
John Mellencamp - Hurst so Good
Nickelback - Someday
Loverboy - Loving Every Minute of It
Black Crowes - Hard to Handle
Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go
Kool and the Gang - Celebration

I need some that would be good for timeouts and deadballs during the game and then some that would be good to play after a victory (Hence - Celebration). Thanks!

4 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twisted Sister - We're not going to take it.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

I'm not sure the name (sorry) but it's from the new movie this summer "Madagascar"? And, Katie's been singing it around here some...I'll find out and get back with you!

THANK YOU for doing this!

Sincerely,
Miss "complaining"

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Debbie said...

Mark, Will said there is a Christian Rap group that was really popular at camp this summer. The name is Lecrae. You can go to lecrae.com to listen to some of their music.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger stuckinthe80s said...

REM: "Finest Workson"
Ramones: "Bonzo Goes To Bitzburg"
The Romantics: "What I Like About You."
Led Zeppelin: "Rock'n'Roll"

I'll try to come up with more...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home