Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Bees!!

I received a call this morning from Rob Cunningham, one of our elders at Highland and my neighbor from right around the corner. Here's our conversation:

Rob: Hey Mark, this is Rob Cunningham.

Mark: Hey Rob, how are you doing?

Rob: Great. I am calling to let you know that Bob Boyer, the gentleman that mows my yard and several of the yards in the neighborhood just showed me a very interesting site in your yard.

Mark: OK (nervously)

Rob: Mark, there are a ton of bees nesting in your tree in your front yard. I have never seen that many bees before except on TV. I thought you should know about it before you or someone walks around the yard and gets swarmed.

Well, I hung up and made a bee-line (ha-ha!) for the house. Before I could even turn into our circle, you could see the bees in the tree. Un"bee"lievable. Below are a couple of pictures.

I called the pest control and they told me they were probably travelling and just used my tree to stop and rest and that they would "buzz" off within 2-10 hours...or 2 days at the latest. He was right. About 11:30 this morning, after I had headed back to work, Bob Boyer said they all rose out of the tree, hovered like a helicopter for 10 seconds, and took off. I learned a lot today about bees. A much different lesson than the one my dad taught me that also included birds!


On a side note, Bob Boyer said he was concerned that me or my daughter or my dog might get stung. Is that a compliment to Shawna for looking so young or a diss on me for looking that old!!

1 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger Debbie said...

First of all, aren't neighbors great!?!

Second, "your daughter"? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!

Third, those pictures are unbelievable! Glad no one got stung! Yikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home