Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Winds of Change

My apologies to the two or three of you who have happened upon my blog over the past few months only to find nothing new. Things have been a little hectic of late. I'll explain:

On December 4th, I was made aware that my department at ACU (Alumni Outreach) was being dissolved and that I could either go to work back in admissions (I worked there for 10 years prior to working in Alumni) or I could leave ACU. Obviously this came as quite a shock. Because I have a family to help support, I chose to go to work in admissions. I can work there until June 1 and, if I chose to leave, will receive a severance package. So, I started working back in admissions on January 2. It's not exactly what I had planned to be doing in 2008 but I figure the Lord will reveal his plan to me in due time. Whether that's for me to stay in admissions or move on somewhere else, I'm totally putting my trust and faith in his hands. I know everything will be ok.

Just as I found out this information, Shawna's team was in the midst of a losing streak that saw them drop 6 of their first 8 games of the season. Needless to say, things were not too cheery in the Lavender household in December. However, every time we walked in our house, we were greeted by the best thing in our lives - Austin. He has grown up so fast and is all over the place and trying to put more than one word together at a time. He can tell us he wants juice (he could be saying jews, but we are pretty sure he's saying juice!), calls us Ma-Ma and Da-Da and loves Domino (or Don-Do as he calls her). With Austin around, nothing else really seems to matter. What an incredible kid!

The basketball team has since rebounded and won 5 out of 6 games and is back to .500 with a 7-7 record. We won our conference opener last night, so we're 1-0 as far as I'm concerned.

I'll follow up this post with another one that will have nothing but pictures of Austin from the past few months. He's never met a camera he didn't like!! Give me a few hours to get new pictures uploaded. Until then, Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home