Monday, July 23, 2007

What Are Little Boys Made Of?

There's an old poem entitled What Are Little Boys Made Of? It goes:

What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails,
And puppy dog tails,
That's what little boys are made of.

Well, I want to add an ingredient to that mix!

Last Thursday evening, Shawna was working late and Austin and I were at the house by ourselves. We were playing in the living room when my cell phone rang in the bedroom. I jumped up to get it when I noticed what looked like a rubber band wadded up on the floor. I made a mental note to pick it up when I returned. Shawna was on the phone letting me know she was on her way home and would be there in a couple of minutes. Upon returning to the living room, I found Austin sitting where the rubber band was with his hands in his mouth. I immediately ran to him and grabbed his fingers out of his mouth. To my surprise, what I thought was a rubber band was far from it! It turned out that the small object was a dime-sized amount of Domino poop! And worse yet, it was gone....well, except for the small amount smeared on Austin's fingers and cheek!

I quickly yanked him up and rushed him to the kitchen sink and forced my fingers in his mouth fishing for any remnants of this foul snack. Unable to find any, I thoroughly washed his hands and face with soap and water. Just after I cleaned him up, Shawna walked in the door. Now, I was faced with a decision. Do I tell her what Austin just ate before she kisses him or do I keep quiet?!?

If you know me well, then you know what I decided.

3 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger GSub said...

1. Kevin says it was Wednesday night.
2. Why do you know that poem?
3. I think warning her in advance, and letting her know before she kisses him are the same option. I guess that is the same as always/never take the option.
4. Why did Domino poop inside, and I can't believe she didn't eat it before Austin!

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never seen dog doo look like a rubberband...

OQuinn

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And we wonder why Austin had a mysterious virus!

MeMe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home