Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Let The Madness Begin

It's funny how March Madness brings out the basketball fan in just about everyone -- even those that don't know anything at all about basketball. I read an article once about how many man hours are lost at work on folks filling out their brackets. My picks: Oregon, UCLA, Georgetown and Texas A&M. UCLA over Georgetown. I now owe ACU 30 minutes worth of overtime.

**********

Jody Conradt is retiring as the head coach of the University of Texas Women's basketball team. She amassed 900 wins in her 38 seasons as head coach. I'm trying to get Shawna to apply for that job. If she could sign a 3-year contract worth around $300,000 - $400,000 a year, we could invest wisely and retire at the ages of 40 and 36. Plus, she could hire me as the "Official" Director of Basketball Operations. We would have built in babysitting (Shawna's mom lives in Austin) and all the Chuy's mexican food we could handle.

**********

I drove back from Deming, NM all by myself yesterday. 8 hours in a car by myself. I made one 10 minute stop in Odessa to refuel and grab a sandwich and listened to just about every song on my ipod. That is a long, long drive.

**********

It's spring break in Abilene this week. I love it when the students are not on campus. Can I say that??

**********

Now that daylight savings time has begun, it's officially golf season. Shawna and I have figured out a way where we can both play golf at the same time and get good exercise. All we need is a plastic shield to cover Austin's stoller and we're ready to tee it up.

**********

After looking at my calendar, I am in Abilene and not having to travel for the next 18 days. The last time I spent at least 18 straight days in Abilene was the first of September. I am so looking forward to that. Of course, I still have trips to Colorado (business), California (business), Dallas (business), Mexico (vacation) and Pittsburgh (US Open and Texas Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Pirates) on the horizon over the next few months.

**********

Austin is now 7 1/2 months old. He's not really trying to crawl yet. Everyone says he needs to crawl to help his reading skills. If that's true, I must have skipped the crawling stage. Here are a few pictures of the kid:







3 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

First of all, LOVE the pictures! That woman who photographs Austin should go into business....or retire! :)

Second, I am just going to overlook the paragraph about Jody C. and Shawna! :(

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Austin is adorable!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Absolutely love the pics. UT would be fun, but we would miss you way too much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home