Sunday, October 15, 2006

October 15

There are a few dates during the calendar year that I love:

August 1 - Austin's birthday
September 25 - Shawna's birthday
May 5 - Our anniversary
November 12 - My birthday
December 25 - Christmas

and....today, October 15.

October 15 each year marks the first day that college basketball teams all over the country can begin official practices. It also means that I am about to come down with a serious case of basketball fever.

Last night we had the opportunity to get together with many of the ex-ACU women's basketball players over the past few years. We had a blast telling stories about funny events in the past - most of which occured off the court. Here's a picture of that group from last night. Happy October 15!!

3 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First partings are so difficult, but remember, you have to build up to the trama of separating from Austin when he goes off to school for the first time......and it will creep up on you all too soon! So glad that you and you lovely wife were able to spend some private time together!qpta

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checked in to see what was new with Austin...nearly Halloween time. Does he have a costume yet? When he is more into being able to trick or treat, I hope you consider letting him follow a tradition I heard about. Children are encouraged to bring a small treat to an elderly shut-in when they go out to trick or treat for all those candy goodies....it helps to instill the love of sharing and compassion for others. Just a thought. Have a great Halloween!

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It occurs to me that you might be worried that I am some weirdo or child stalker who is targeting Austin. Not to worry--I am actually a friend of Aunt Marilyn's who lives in Silver City, NM. I have followed your wedding and family growth through her and just recently felt like writing. I am not a stalker....but I might be a little weird (now that I think about it....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home