Friday, June 08, 2007

Mexico

Well, it's been one month since I last posted anything on my blog....not that anyone really cares. A lot has happened in that month:

1. Our good friends Nich and Terri got married....finally!!
2. Shawna and Austin and I went to Mexico on vacation.
3. My grandmother passed away while we were in Mexico.
4. I returned home from Mexico with a nice case of Montezuma's Revenge!
5. Shawna and I joined the Abilene Country Club.

Let me explain #5. We were offered an opportunity that was too good to pass up. We had our initiation fee ($2500) waived and we pay a low monthly fee for full access to not only Abilene Country Club but also Fairway Oaks Country Club. The one thing I noticed when driving through the parking lot on Wednesday evening after playing golf was that there were not many Nissan Maxima's with 180,000 miles in the parking lot. We're definitely "low men on the tote-em pole".

As I stated earlier, my grandmother passed away on May 23 after a battle with Alzheimer's disease. Once she got to a point where she could not swallow her food, the doctor's took her off all food and water and gave her 5-7 days to live. She made it 21 days! She was a real fighter. I miss her a ton but know that she is now able to walk and talk and think clearly again for the first time in many, many years. Here's my favorite picture of her (taken a few months ago):

Mexico was a blast. I wish we could have stayed longer than 6 days. We had our own cook and cleaning staff so we never had to lift a finger while we were there. Our house was located right on the beach with it's own private beach area and pool. Here are a few of pictures of our trip.











2 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Shara Smith said...

Maddox says he now wants to be buried in the sand after seeing how much fun Austin had! Great pics!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Love the picture of your grandma. The one of Austin in the sand is too cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home