Monday, April 09, 2007

A Master-ful Weekend

What a great weekend. First of all, I'd like to petition ACU to incorporate 3-day weekends every week. Even though the weekend was cold and filled with snow, we had a great time just hanging out and spending time as a family. On Friday, we cleaned house and made the place look liveable again. It's amazing how a family of 3 can destroy a house in so little time. On Friday night, Kevin and Sarah Campbell came over for dinner and we explored money-making opportunities through developing small businesses. Well, at least Kevin and I did. I think Sarah and Shawna got bored with that conversation really quickly.

On Saturday, we hung around the house and watched it snow most of the day. We did make a quick trip to the mall just to walk around and get out of the house. Of course, we were home in time to watch the Master's on television.

On Sunday, we got up and went to church. This was Austin's first Easter but he didn't seem too excited about it. After church, Shawna made one of the best meals I've ever eaten: Rasberry-Chipotle Pork Loin, Cheesey Mashed Potato Bake, Broccoli and Cheese Casserole, Rolls and Hot Apple Crisp for dessert. She made enough to feed an army so if you're in the neighborhood, stop by. There's plenty of leftovers.

After lunch, Shawna and Austin left for Fort Worth. Shawna had a Lone Star Conference basketball head coaches meeting on Monday morning. She took Austin so my mom and dad could spend a little time with him. They'll come home tonight. I think Shawna thinks I was eager for them to go so I could spend the afternoon on the couch watching 4 hours of uninterrupted coverage of the Master's golf tournament. While I enjoyed the golf, it sure was quiet around the house. And speaking of golf, I was so pumped to see Zach Johnson win his first major. What an awesome guy. If you didn't see it, he was so humble and made many references to his faith. He has a great opportunity to use his life as a testimony to God. I may have a new favorite golfer.

Here are a couple of pictures of Austin on Easter morning. Have a great week!









5 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

What a studly lookin' kid! :)

Say, you and Kevin are welcome to come and invest some moolah in Pure Photography anytime!

My sentiments exactly about Zach Johnson! Whenever "I" get misty-eyed watching the winner, you know it's good! I was very, very impressed with his humble attitude and comments.

One more thing...would you be interested in changing my link on your blog to my new business blog? blog.pure-photography.com

Love you and your sweet family!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Look at that cute boy! We had a great time at dinner with you guys. We might just have to stop by and pick up some leftovers - since we are in the neighborhood. I think that Ruby's throw was defintely a knuckle ball.

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Austin has a really cute hair cut! Who did that??
Aunt Leigh Ann

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Austin is adorable!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mark!!
Don't know how I found your blog?? What a cute boy you have!! Congratulations. Hope things are going well for you.--Kara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home