Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Next Lavender

With a new baby on the way, everyone always asks me the same question.

"What are you hoping for -- a boy or a girl?"

For the longest time, I've always wanted a boy. I am the last male Lavender in the family so the name dies with me if I'm unable to deliver. However, over the past several years, I've had the priveledge of being around a lot of Shawna's girls on the basketball team. So, I can easily picture my life with a "daddy's girl".

On Friday, March 10, Shawna and I go for our four week check-up and fully expect Dr. Onger to send us over for a sonogram either that day or early next week. It's likely that this time next week we'll know whether we're having a boy or girl. In the meantime, to answer everyone's question, here's my answer: I don't care if it is a boy or a girl. All I want is the following:

-- Please let the baby have his/her mother's good looks
-- Please let the baby have his/her mother's personality
-- Please let the baby have his/her mother's athletic ability
-- Please let the baby have his/her mother's temper
-- Please let the baby have his/her mother's sense of humor
-- Please let the baby have his/her mother's heart
-- Please let the baby have his/her mother's perspective on life
-- Please let the baby have his/her mother's maturity level
-- Please let the baby have his/her mother's smarts

and finally...

-- Please, please, please, please, please let the baby have my teeth!

1 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi my name is also Mark Lavender, and I live in central England, got your blog details from a credit check, which is looking to protect my identity, and it foud you. Hope all is well and the new edition is all that you hope for, just beware .... two women who are alike in one home...? be careful what you wish for!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home