Friday, October 21, 2005

A Busy Month!

It's been a full month since my last post. Things have been crazy hectic this month. I spent most of two weeks on the road with trips to Dallas and East Texas and then on to Deming, New Mexico to celebrate Shawna's grandad's 80th birthday. That was a bittersweet time because her grandad is also very ill with emphysema. He is on hospice care and is not expected to live much longer. While it was a very quick trip, it was a blessing to spend time with everyone since we all realize that our next time together will probably not be as joyous.

--------------

Oh yeah....you can throw homecoming into the mix of everything that happened in the past month. What a beating. While I enjoy the opportunity to see friends and classmates, it is also one of the busiest times for me and prevents me from spending the amount of time I would like to with everyone.

--------------

Do Texas Tech fans really think they have a chance to beat UT this weekend? Wasn't it just one year ago when all those Red Raider fans were chomping at the bit to play Texas in Lubbock? In case you forgot, the final score of that game was 51-21. Tech might be lucky to keep this game that close. Vince Young will have his way here. I'm predicting UT to win in a 56-18 blowout. I'll be there on the 45 yard line in my burnt orange!

--------------

Continuing with sports, I'm actually excited about the World Series. I know the tvnetworks wanted to see either the Yankees, Red Sox or Cardinals in the series but I am excited about the Astros. I usually do not root for in-state rivals (Astros, Rockets, Spurs or Texans) but there's something about the Astros that remind me of my beloved Rangers. Give me the Astros and a world championship in 6 games.

--------------

Only 24 more days before my world is turned upside down. This year, ACU women's basketball has been picked to finish #1 in the Lone Star Conference in the preseason polls as well as the preseason player of the year in senior post player Jamie Lord-Boles. Shawna would prefer to receive that recognition after the season. I think they will.

--------------

I would like to thank Cox Cable and KRBC (NBC) for finally agreeing to a new contract yesterday. It has been since January 1 that I have been able to watch NBC at home.

4 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Jason O'Quinn - PLG said...

Let us Tech fans dream a little won't ya...

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

Let me also add Shawna Lavender as my preseason pick for Coach of the Year in the LSC!

Amen to having NBC back!

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Debbie. Shawna has what it takes to be COACH OF THE YEAR and to lead this girl's team to victory!!

Mom

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you ever post again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home