Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mother's Day - Happy Birthday

Yesterday was a great day. Not only was it Mother's Day but it was also my dad's 60th birthday. I wish I could have spent some time with my parents on this great day but they were in Chicago for the weekend with my sister and her family. Shawna and I will travel to Fort Worth next weekend to celebrate Mother's Day and my dad's birthday. Until then, I hope you both had a great day. You deserve it!

While Shawna and I are not officially parents yet, I was informed by a few people that it was appropriate to honor Shawna on Mother's Day. I looked for something for her while I was in Dallas last week but ended up buying me two new polo shirts and a pair of shorts! I did however get Shawna a portable foot spa for her to soak her feet in and 3 new dvd's to watch. I thought that might be appropriate for a 6 1/2 month pregnant woman. We also went to play golf on Sunday afternoon. And let me tell you, she can still hit a golf ball -- even if her belly is getting in the way a little more than it did last time!

So, Happy Mother's day to the two most special women in my life - Shawna and mom and happy 60th birthday to the best dad a guy could ask for.

2 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Son! You're the best! I love you, Mom

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Anne said...

The foot spa was definitely a great choice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home