Friday, August 01, 2008

Dear Austin,

Happy birthday little buddy. It seems almost impossible to think that you are turning two years old today. I really think that this past year went by faster than the first! You are growing up so fast!

I have enjoyed watching you grow into a little boy these past twelve months. Just one short year ago you were barely able to walk from one end of the room to the other. Today, you are running all over the place and jumping off the furniture. You seem to have no fear!

You have also developed such an awesome personality. I guess you get that from your mommy! I love how people are drawn to you because of your smile and your laughter. It's so much fun to be in the mall or the store and watch how you smile and wave and say hello to complete strangers. You can bring a smile to even the most distant stranger.

You have also become quite the little athlete this year -- again, you get that from your mommy! You love kicking the soccer ball, hitting a baseball and swinging the golf club. You can see any sport on television and immediately call out which sport it is you are watching. You have no idea how much your daddy loves that!

I am so thankful that God entrusted your mommy and I to take care of you. You'll never know how much we love you. While you continue to grow and learn everyday, I think you teach us more than we will ever realize.

I can't wait to see what the next twelve months have in store for you. Thank you for being my little man. I love you more than you will ever know! Happy birthday kiddo!


Love,


Mommy and Daddy


4 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

Sniff, sniff!

That is the sweetest letter ever! I can't believe he is two already! And, he is the cutest boy ever! (well, maybe a close second to my boy!) :)

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Austin! I wish I could have been there with you to celebrate.

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can he recognize bowling or shuffleboard? Being a Dad is the greatest...

OQuinn

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger stuckinthe80s said...

Wow - he's looks so old...and he's very handsome!

And can he play Hold'em?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home